November 22, 2016

Airplane Nursery Rhyme for Kids

Dear friends!

Meet Little Airplane – a short nursery rhyme, which I wrote specially for small kids who enjoy playing with their toys and talking to them. We, adults, do not often pay attention to little things that make our children happy. We just try to buy them something to amuse, or enlarge their scope, or to urge their creative abilities. But we sometimes forget that kids do not merely play – they create their own world they live in, learn to make friends and invent their special scenarios for their toy pals. Isn’t it nice to distract from our daily routines and sit closer to your little darlings, just observing them play, or even to take part in their games?.. I hope you’ll enjoy our lovely cartoon character Little Plane, elaborately created by Dmitriy Nesterov.


I believe that my verse will prove to be useful for ESL teachers, who are teaching English to youngsters. It introduces speech patterns with questions and statements in the Present Continuous (“Where are you flying?”, “Are you flying east or west?”) and the Future Simple tense (“”Little Plane, where will you land?”, “It’ll be probably in May”, “I will kiss the sky goodbye” and the like. Kids can be offered to role-play the rhyme in order to practice different intonation patterns.

cartoon airplane, cute plane

Little Airplane

- Where are you flying,
My little airplane?

- I think I’m going
To Brisbane or Spain.

- Is the sky overcast?
- I think so.
But I will fly high,
Not very low.

- How many passengers
Do you have on board?
- I have not yet counted,
I should say, a lot.

- Are you flying east or west?
- North and south are the best!

- Little plane, where will you land?
- In a distant foreign land.
Well, they grow bananas there,
Monkeys bask in the white glare.

- Will you have a holiday?
- It’ll be probably in May!
I will kiss the sky goodbye,
And, perhaps, away I’ll fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment